Sadeq Institute’s organizational structure:
In accordance with our spirit of holding executive bodies accountable and cultivating a climate of open discussion and debate, Sadeq Institute’s organization structure moves away from the common top-down hierarchy – adopting instead a flexible approach – that is responsive to our evolving environment and allows for our human and material resources to be used efficiently.
As a non-profit organization, Sadeq Institute has three governing bodies:
The Research Council:
This is made up of Sadeq Institute’s experts, scholars, and research program directors from a broad range of disciplines. The Research Council is responsible for generating high quality analysis and research in accordance with our our mission and ethos that impact the political landscape in Libya. Its responsibilities are to:
• Identify current and emerging research topics in Libya.
• Identify individuals to form task committees for Sadeq Institute.
• Generate research strategy and assess findings of task committees regarding the creation of new Institute programs.
• Stay informed and share ideas related to Libyan opportunities, issues and problems to help identify new Institute programs.
• Evaluate findings of other programs nationally, regionally and internationally and make recommendations on the renewal/termination of Institute programs.
• Act as one channel of communication between Sadeq Institute and the Libyan research community.
• Inform each other of opportunities, issues, and problems related to research, where pertinent.
• Cultivate a culture of inquiry, pluralism and continuous learning within the research community of the Institute’s aims and activities.
The Advisory Council:
A selected group of members who assist with setting policy and direction that uphold our commitment to quality and impact.
This is our executive body and represents the organization and strategic management, working to ensure that the organization works under the ideal team structure and in accordance to the Institute’s mission and values. While our objective is to form a separate Financing Council, the Management team is currently responsible for all funding matters, promotion of financing transparency, and ensuring compliance with legal regulations.